04 July 2016

July Challenge #59: Go Native with a twist to make a square card!

Well, Hello again! It was just a few days ago we were in June and now look at what has happened! 



Don't know about you, but life has been full of surprises lately - and Australia got one yesterday. Don't know if you are aware, but we voted Saturday for a new Federal government. It is compulsory to vote in Australia - so there are a few donkey voters, but apart from them, about 97% of us go to the polling booths, and put in our two pennies worth about who should represent us in Canberra. One of the most important things to decide is which polling booth to attend, as you need to select the one that has a pretty good sausage sizzle going - has to be an upside to waiting in line - and where the parking is not too bad. We got in to our local church hall about midday, ate a sausage in white bread, waited about 20 minutes, voted (the size of that Senate paper, eh!) and left after exchanging Hello's with neighbours and friends. Then all we had to do was wait to see who would be leading us for another four years - and suffer some indigestion from the sausage (or was it the white bread?)

Usually by 9.00 pm we have an idea of the leader and go to bed either grumpy or happy, depending on who gets the majority vote. Well, last night I went to bed at 1.00 am still no wiser and here we are today, still with a deadlocked government. The voter's are always right - perhaps we are trying to tell the politicians to just get on with it and do their jobs and learn to get along instead of scrapping and shouting and losing tempers and in general behaving like naughty children. Now, that's a thought.........

On with July's  CARD challenge!
Yes, this month we want card's only please


Theme: Go Native

TWIST "It's hip to be square"

So, anything that represents what it is to be a native of your country - sport, cultural, spiritual, political, past or present, floral or animal...........

The twist is to make a square card!


The prize on offer - Embossing folder plus sequins

My small Design Team of amazing talented crafters have come up with some wonderful ideas to inspire you. 

This week we say goodbye to Berina: thanks for all your work Berina and we wish you well in your soon-to-be-very-busy future,  and welcome a new team member -  


You may know Vicki by her Avitar


Vicki says: "I live in Melbourne, Australia with my husband and four children. I have been crafting in one format or another for as long as I can remember. I started my blog to share my (many) creations."

Vicki
july 2016 DT 3 (640x602)
For this challenge I have gone with the unofficial colours of green and gold (yellow) for Australia.


A square card using the colours of the flag of my native country.....the UK.





Fishing is an extremely popular West Australian pastime. My family are all mad keen fisher people.

I do love a pun......

So, off you go and start going native with a card!
You can link it up at the Linky thing below and have a month to get your project in. Remember, you can enter more than once, but NO STAMPS please.


7 comments:

  1. Very interesting to hear about your election process! Nice theme this month! Let me see what I can do with it!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best Berina.
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan your post made me smile!! But then you always do....love your humour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful idea for this July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab theme! As I have dual nationality, I'll be spoilt for choice! :-)

    And I think I've had just about enough of voting for the time being... seeing as how it seems to make no difference over here either way. They just do as they please regardless, lol.

    Gorgeous DT makes once again ladies! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun challenge theme and twist! Your DT cards are awesome - thank you for the inspiration! It's hard for me not to stamp! But I'm happy to join again this month! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. The Design Team really appreciate it. Have fun with the challenge.

LinkWithin